Support our educational content for free when you purchase through links on our site. Learn more
As a team of expert educators, parents, and children at Learning Game™, we are here to answer the question that's on everyone's mind: Are PBS Kids games free? The short answer is yes, but there is so much more to explore. In this article, we'll cover everything from the PBS Kids website to the PBS Kids app. We'll also provide some quick tips and facts that will help you get the most out of your PBS Kids experience.
PBS Kids Website
PBS Kids has a range of games available on their website that are completely free to play. These games are designed to help children learn and develop various skills, such as problem-solving, math, and creativity. The games are categorized by topic, so you can easily find games related to science, nature, music and more.
Here are some quick facts about the PBS Kids website:
- All games on the website are free to play
- There are games for every age group from toddlers to pre-teens
- The website is ad-free, so kids can play without any interruptions
- You can create a free account to save your child's progress and personalize their experience
- There are over 100 games available on the website
PBS Kids App
In addition to the website, PBS Kids also offers a mobile app that is available for free on both IOS and Android devices. The app gives children access to even more games, videos, and educational content.
Here are some quick facts about the PBS Kids app:
- The app is 100% free to download and use
- The app is designed for children aged 2-8 years old
- The app offers over 200 games and videos
- You can download games to play offline
- You can create individual profiles for each child in your family
Quick Tips and Facts
Here are some quick tips to help make your PBS Kids experience even better:
- PBS Kids is a trusted source of educational content, so you can feel good about your child spending time on their website or app.
- PBS Kids is consistently adding new games and content to their site, so be sure to check back often for updates.
- PBS Kids offers resources for educators and parents, such as lesson plans and teaching guides, so you can incorporate PBS Kids into your curriculum or at-home learning routine.
- PBS Kids also offers printables, books, and other resources that you can use to support your child's education.
Now, let's move on to some frequently asked questions:
Does PBS Kids app cost money?
No, the PBS Kids app is completely free to download and use.
Why is PBS Kids free?
PBS Kids is a non-profit organization that is focused on providing quality educational content to children. Thanks to their sponsors and supporters, they are able to offer their content completely free of charge.
How much is PBS Kids?
PBS Kids is completely free to use. There is no cost to access their website or app.
Can I trust PBS Kids content?
Yes, PBS Kids is an award-winning educational media brand that is trusted by parents and educators alike. They carefully curate their content to ensure that it is appropriate for children, and their team of educators and experts ensures that it is both educational and engaging.
Pros and Cons of PBS Kids
Like any educational resource, there are pros and cons to using PBS Kids. Here are a few to consider:
- PBS Kids is a trusted source of educational content that is both engaging and age-appropriate.
- PBS Kids offers a wide range of games and videos, so there's something for every child.
- PBS Kids is 100% free to use, so it's accessible to everyone.
- PBS Kids offers additional resources for parents and educators to support learning.
- Some parents may prefer to limit screen time for their children, and encourage other forms of play and learning.
- While PBS Kids takes care to ensure that their content is age-appropriate, some parents may still prefer to monitor their child's screen time and content consumption.
In conclusion, PBS Kids is an excellent resource for parents who are looking for quality, educational content for their children. Both their website and app offer a wide range of games and videos that are appropriate for various age groups. Thanks to their non-profit status, all of their content is completely free to access. So, if you're looking for a fun and engaging way to help your child learn and grow, we highly recommend giving PBS Kids a try.
- PBS Kids: https://www.pbs.org/parents/about
- PBS Press Room: https://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/blogs/news/pbs-announces-that-ken-burnss-country-music-will-premiere-september-15-2019-on-pbs/
- Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/website-reviews/pbs-kids
- Education Week: