Support our educational content for free when you purchase through links on our site. Learn more
Minecraft: Education Edition has become a popular tool for educators to engage students in learning activities. The recent update, 1.18 has brought new features that enhance the experience further, making it more exciting and interesting. In this article, we'll be taking a deep dive into the 1.18 Minecraft Education Edition update, and uncover everything you need to know.
What's New in 1.18 Minecraft Education Edition 
The new 1.18 Minecraft Education Edition update boasts several significant updates that game enthusiasts can enjoy. Some of these features include,
- New textures and sounds
- New biomes such as the Lush Caves and Deep Dark
- A brand new achievement system
- Improved accessibility options
- New blocks and items
- Enhanced cave generation
For a more comprehensive review of everything new with this update, check out Minecraft.net
How to Get Minecraft: Education Edition 1.18 Beta?
If you are a frequent user of Minecraft: Education Edition, you should start to receive notifications of the upcoming update. For new users, you can get the update provided you have purchased Minecraft: Education Edition.
To install the beta version of 1.18 Minecraft Education Edition, the process is quite simple. Go to your client and click on the "gear" icon. From the dropdown menu, select "Profile." Under the "Profile" tab, you will see a beta version option. Turn that on and update your game.
If you encounter any issues during the updating process or have any other problems, reach out to Minecraft Education Edition Support.
Is the New Minecraft Update in Minecraft: Education Edition?
Yes, the new Minecraft update version 1.18 is available in Minecraft: Education Edition. Minecraft: Education Edition updates aren't released independently, so you should start to receive the notifications of the upcoming version update.
It's essential to note that the update happens in phases, which means it's not unusual for you to receive your update later or sooner than others.
What is the Latest Version of Minecraft: Education Edition 2023?
The latest version of Minecraft: Education Edition  is 1.18, which is available for download on the official Minecraft website.
System Requirements to Get Minecraft: Education Edition 1.18
To run Minecraft: Education Edition 1.18, you need to ensure your device meets the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10 or MacOS 11 or later
- CPU: Intel i5 or later or AMD A10 7850K or later
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 750 Ti or AMD Radeon r7 equivalent GPU or later.
For more information on the complete system requirements for Minecraft: Education Edition 1.18, please visit the official website
Quick Tips and Facts
- The game includes a catalog of over 200 STEM lessons and educational tools, making it easy for teachers to customize their Minecraft learning experience.
- Minecraft: Education Edition is coded with accessibility in mind to help educators tailor the learning experience to everyone's unique needs.
- The 1.18 update includes features like new achievement systems, unique textures, sounds, and enhanced cave generation.
- Minecraft has over 91 million active monthly players worldwide.
Pros and Cons of Minecraft: Education Edition 1.18
- Tackles the digital learning experience from a unique perspective.
- Improves students' creative abilities, teamwork, problem-solving, critical thinking, and technical literacy.
- Enhances learning engagement among students.
- Provides teachers with numerous educational tools to create quality learning experiences.
- Some educational centers may not have the capacity or infrastructure to support it fully.
- It may not be ideal for those who lack interests or potential in gaming as a learning tool.
Q. Will new worlds in Minecraft 1.17 be compatible with 1.18?
A. Yes, you can use your 1.17 worlds with 1.18.
Q. Can I continue using my mod pack after upgrading Minecraft: Education Edition?
A. Yes. Mod packs present no significant problem when upgrading Minecraft: Education Edition. It still updates as it would ordinarily, and you can continue using them after the update.
Q. Is Minecraft: Education Edition free?
A. No, Minecraft: Education Edition is a paid subscription service. However, you can try out the service for free for about ten sessions or thirty days, whichever comes first.
Q. Are there student and teacher benefits for the Education Edition?
A. Yes, both students and teachers reap benefits from the Minecraft: Education Edition platform. Teachers can develop custom learning experiences, whereas students can improve their creative and technical abilities through a unique gaming experience.
Minecraft: Education Edition  continues to impress game enthusiasts, improving both teaching and learning outcomes. The 1.18 update includes essential features such as new biomes, textures, and sounds. Teachers also have new educational tools and resources that ensure that every learning experience is of high quality.
If you haven't tried it out yet, we highly recommend that you do. Minecraft: Education Edition  is an excellent way to improve students' skills in problem-solving, teamwork, critical thinking, and creativity.